Feared by Lisa Scottoline

Sorry I've been MIA. I had to reread my book group book, The Housekeeper and the Professor (a charming story), because I'm leading the discussion. But I finally finished it and had time to read the new Lisa Scottoline. Feared is part of the Bennie/Mary/Judy/Philadelphia law firm series, which I enjoy. In this volume, Mary is hugely pregnant. The firm is handling a big antitrust case, which is John's area of expertise, when they're slapped with a reverse discrimination lawsuit helmed by Mary's arch rival Nick Macchiavelli. Three male lawyers say the mostly female firm refused to hire them because they were men. Then it turns out John happened to mention to one of the job seekers (during the interview) that he sometimes didn't feel comfortable working at the firm because he was the only man--and he didn't think he would be promoted. All hell breaks loose when the lawsuit hits the news.
Then something happens to John and total chaos ensues. It takes some quick thinking--and some help from the neighborhood--to put things right. As always, an enjoyable addition to the series.

Comments

Popular Posts