Another Piece of My Heart by Jane Green

Andi is in her late 30s when she falls in love with Ethan. She has always wanted a family of her own and since he comes with 2 daughters, she thinks all of her dreams have come true. Sophia, the youngest daughter loves Andi immediately. But her older sister, the mercurial Emily, is determined to break up the marriage. And so begins Another Piece of My Heart by Jane Green.

I really felt for Andi. She is way more patient with Emily than I would have been able to manage. But she soon realizes that no matter how much kindness she shows Emily, she will never have the peaceful, loving family she wants. I could also sort of sympathize with Ethan, who is caught in the middle between his wife and daughter--though I did wish it hadn't taken him so long to show some backbone and tell his daughter "no."

I did like that, even though your sympathies lie with Andi, Jane Green didn't make Emily totally unlikeable. You could see that she was reacting to an alcoholic mother, divorce and having her father's attention diverted to a new wife. So she acted out.

All in all, it's a good story with appealing characters, and a quick read.

Comments

Popular Posts