Blind Spot by Reed Farrel Coleman

I tried to read the newest in the Jesse Stone series, begun by the late Robert Parker.
But I couldn't get into it. It was too different from the books written by the original author.
I'm not sure what happened to Michael Brandman, who took over this series after RP's death.
While his version of Jesse Stone was a little too upbeat, at least he tried to follow the tone and writing style of the original books--heavy on dialogue, light on long descriptive passages.

In this latest book, there are simply way too many words. And too much explanation of everything.
Plus the characters are acting out of character. I was not enjoying it. So I gave up.

I hope whoever is in charge of this series either goes back to Michael Brandman or lets the series die.

In my humble opinion, Ace Adkins, who took over the Spenser series after Robert Parker's passing, has been the most successful in carrying on the original author's legacy.

Comments

Popular Posts