Trader of Secrets by Steve Martini

We're in the middle of a heatwave here in the Midwest. So it was a good weekend to spend with my nose in a book. And I picked a good summer read--Trader of Secrets by Steve Martini. The action picks up where Rule of Nine ended--with the hired assassin Liquida stalking Paul's daughter, Sarah. When Paul, his law partner Harry, and his romantic partner Jocelyn try to track down Liquida, they stumble onto a plot to sell mysterious weapons technology to a foreign nation. Of course, chaos ensues.

The action is fast and furious. The concept behind the weapon everyone is trying to get their hands on is frightening. And the idea that 3 lawyers pretty much on their own can stop this multinational plot is kind of unbelievable. But still, it's a good summer thriller.

I will say again (as I did in my review of Rule of Nine)that I hope Paul Madriani goes back to being a plain old lawyer again soon. His law practice must be in shambles now that he's spent so much time on the road, saving the world. While I've enjoyed these thrillers, I miss seeing Paul Madriani in the courtroom.

Comments

Popular Posts