Smokin' Seventeen by Janet Evanovich

What could be a more pleasant way to spend a sunny summer afternoon than sitting out under a tree with a cool drink and the latest "Stephanie Plum" adventure by Janet Evanovich? No, they're not great literature. But they're entertaining and they always make me laugh.

I like that Stephanie is not as ditzy and clueless as at the beginning of the series. She actually seems to be getting better at her bounty hunter job. And I like the supporting cast--Joe, Ranger, Grandma Mazur, Lula. Yes, I did figure out who the killer was very early on. But it was an enjoyable way to spend a summer day nonetheless.

If you haven't read this series, start on about book 3 or 4. I personally thought it took Janet E. a couple of volumes to get the characters situated and the pacing right.

Comments

Popular Posts