Break Down by Sara Paretsky

I generally like the V.I. Warshawski novels but Break Down was not my favorite. The plot was way too convoluted and there wasn't enough time spent with V.I.'s old friends Max & Lotty or her boyfriend Jake--which would have been a nice break from this bizarre case.

Break Down starts with a bunch of girls having a ceremony for shape shifters in an old cemetery one night then wanders on to atrocities in Lithuania during World War II, strange goings on in a mental hospital, a nasty political campaign, a manipulative media star, a couple of vindictive brothers,a friend in a coma, blackmail and on and on. Sara Paretsky does manage to tie everything up by the end. But it was a little hard to keep track of everything and everyone.

I made it to the end of Break Down but was a little disappointed on the whole.

Comments

Popular Posts