Save Me by Lisa Scottoline

I usually love Lisa Scottoline's books. They're good legal thrillers with strong women characters, often told with a sense of humor. That being said, I did not like Save Me.

During a school fire, lunch mom Rose tries to save her own daughter as well as 3 other girls, one of whom gets badly injured--for which Rose is unfairly blamed by the whole town. Her lawyer husband is out of town working on a trial. So she has to deal with the shunning, verbal abuse and a possible lawsuit on her own. Yet her husband, who's rarely even available by phone, gets annoyed that she's not consulting him about decisions that affect their family. That was the first thing that got on my nerves. The second was that Rose starts acting like Nancy Drew in the second half of the book, managing to singlehandedly figure out the cause of the fire and solve a handful of murders along the way! It was so totally implausible that I couldn't believe Lisa Scottoline had actually written it.

I do recommend Lisa Scottoline but I also recommend reading one of her earlier books rather than this one.

Comments

Popular Posts