Once Upon a Time, There was You by Eliz. Berg

I'll admit it, I only grabbed this book at the library because I didn't have anything else to read and the books I had on request hadn't come in yet. I'll also admit that I didn't really like it.

Once Upon a Time, There was You is the story of a divorced couple, John and Irene, and their beloved 18-year-old daughter, Sadie. At the beginning, Sadie was the only character I liked. John was too indecisive and Irene was too prickly. But by the end, even Sadie was getting on my nerves. I take that back. I kind of liked Irene's friend Valerie, thought truthfully, I wondered how she had managed to put up with Irene for so long.

Anyway, something bad happens to Sadie (in a story line that did not seem realistic to me at all), which sort of brings her divorced parents temporarily back together--but not too much together. There's alot of angst, a lot of misunderstandings, a lot of snapping at each other. By the end, I just didn't care what happened to any of them anymore.

Elizabeth Berg has a lot of die-hard fans so I'm assuming her other books are better than this one.

Comments

Popular Posts