Last Chance Saloon by Marian Keyes

Irish writer Marian Keyes is one of my go-to gals when I'm in the mood for good chick lit, as I was this past rainy weekend. In a nutshell, Last Chance Saloon is about the friendship between Katherine, Tara and Fintan, who have moved from their small town in Ireland to the big city (London). There are a lot of nights on the town and a lot of bad romances. There's also a big health scare that makes everyone re-evaluate what they're doing with their lives.

I liked the characters. But I didn't like that these otherwise intelligent women (Tara, Katherine and the secondary character Amy)were willing to be doormats for so long just to keep a man in their lives. However, they do all eventually realize that being happy is more important than being part of a couple.

Comments

Popular Posts