Gun Games by Fay Kellerman

I like this series featuring LA cop Peter Decker and his wife Rina, of which Gun Games is the latest. And I liked the basic plot of this one--which starts off with the death of a student from a tony prep school. Was it a suicide? Accident? Homicide? The boy's distraught mother asks Peter to investigate and he and the cops discover a whole lot of unsavory goings on going on at the school. The plot I could have used less of involved the budding romance between piano prodigy/Decker foster child Gabe and his girlfriend Yasmine. I liked both of those characters but there were WAY too many pages spent on their sneaking around to be together and on seemingly every text they ever sent to each other. I would have preferred more of the Decker family and/or the cop stuff and less teen love. (And I'm not sure why Faye Kellerman devoted so much of the book to those two characters and their forbidden love. I don't imagine that 14 year olds are the target audience for this book.)

Anyway, good book, but not the best in the series.

Comments

Popular Posts