Deadline by Sandra Brown

I've never read anything by Sandra Brown till now. (One of my neighbors gave me Deadline.)
So I don't know if this is a typical example of her work.

I liked the basic story about a wily psychopath who had been on the lam for decades and was now stalking a single mother of two. And I liked the reporter who gets involved with her while reporting on the murder of the psychopath's son. But every once in a while there would be a "bodice-ripper" type romance scene that seemed to have wandered in from another book. I thought those scenes kind of threw off the flow of the book without adding much. But maybe that's just me.

I would recommend the book for the basic storyline. It was a good mystery/thriller with a few exciting twists and turns at the end.

Comments

Popular Posts