Trial by Fire and Hand of Evil by JA Jance

I've been trying to get caught up on the early "Ali Reynolds" novels since I've read the most recent ones in the series. Trial by Fire and Hand of Evil are among the first. They're both quick reads and introduce some of the characters, such as Sister Anselm, Leland Brooks, and Athena, who recur throughout the series.

I have to say, for someone who is neither a cop, nor a soldier, nor a spy, Ali Reynolds gets herself into more tight situations than any other civilian on earth. But they are good stories and I like the supporting cast--her cafe-owning parents, her son Chris, her friend Dave, and her eventual husband B. Simpson. So I will keep searching out the rest of the ones I've missed as I enjoy the waning days of summer.

Comments

Popular Posts