All the President's Menus by Julie Hyzy

I was trying to slog my way through the new Faye Kellerman book, which was not my favorite of her works. Then I decided I needed something fluffier for the holiday season, so I picked up an older volume in the always enjoyable adventures of White House chef/crime sleuth Ollie Paras.

In this episode, Ollie is forced to host 4 foreign chefs in the White House kitchen for 2 weeks as a diplomatic gesture, while at the same time preparing for a big dinner at Blair House for a presidential candidate from the chefs' country. Things do not go smoothly, as mishaps occur to several of the chefs and Ollie soon begins to wonder if there might not be a more nefarious plot afloat.

If you're looking for something light--complete with recipes at the end--check out this entertaining series.

Comments

Popular Posts