The Body in the Castle Well by Martin Walker

I was delighted to discover that I had missed news of the latest Bruno Chief of Police novel by Martin Walker, which was published this summer. I picked it up at the library and immersed myself in the charming (fictional, alas) town of St. Denis in the Perigord region of France. Bruno Chief of Police has his hands full when a vivacious American student who came to St. Denis to study art history is found dead in the castle well. Her father is wealthy and has a lot of powerful friends, which puts even more pressure on Bruno to  figure out what happened to Claudia. At the same time, Bruno's love life may be taking a turn for the better when his former lover, Pamela, decides  they should start "enjoying each other's company" again. Then there's his true love, Isabelle, who is never far from his mind ...

Another charming tale about a town I'd love to visit and people I'd love to meet.

Comments

Popular Posts