Close Call by Stella Rimington

Close Call is one of the earlier books from the Liz Carlyle "spy" series, a series I have been reading totally out of order as I find the books at the library. Which means I already knew what had happened to one pivotal character before it happened because I've already read the book that came after this one. Oh well, it didn't diminish my enjoyment of the book.

In this episode, British intelligence gets word of a gun-running ring that may involve a former member of French intelligence, namely, the former work partner of Liz's boyfriend, Martin. As the clues continue to come in, it appears that there may be a terrorist attack in the planning stages and it may be centered in England, which really ramps up the action. There's a real page-turner of a finish and a new character is introduced who plays an increasingly important part in Liz's life in  the succeeding books.

Comments

Popular Posts