Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith

 Sorry I've been MIA for a while but I was working my way through Troubled Blood, the new 927-page(!) book by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling). And I was glad to be reading it on my Kindle instead of lugging that huge tome around.

I love the characters of Robin and Strike, so even though this was an extremely convoluted plot with a multitude of characters to keep track of, what I enjoyed the most was the evolution of their story. The main case involves the 40-year-old disappearance of a female doctor, who disappeared without a trace after work one night, on her way to meet a friend. The woman's now grown daughter gives Strike and Robin a year to figure out what happened to her mother and they start following the decades-old clues and the records of the original cop on the case, who was having a breakdown at the time. At the same time, the agency is working on a bunch of other cases (which keep popping up). In addition, Strike's beloved aunt is dying up in Cornwall, Strike's unstable ex, Charlotte, keeps trying to get back into his life, and Robin is going through a divorce from the husband who cheated on her--and getting hit on repeatedly by one of the agency's new hires. So there's a lot going on. Plus Robin and Strike are both (separately) realizing how much the other means to her/him--which in my opinion, was the best part of the story.


Definitely worth reading if you're a fan of the series but allow a lot of time to read.


Comments

Popular Posts