The Hollywood Spy by Susan E Macneal

 My sister was raving about the Maggie Hope series and said she had just finished reading The Holly -wood Spy. I ordered it from the library and realized it was the last in a long series, which is not an ideal way to read a long-running series. But it wouldn't be the first time, so I jumped right in.

The time is 1943. The setting is Los Angeles. Maggie Hope (former British spy, as far as I can tell) is called to California to help her friend John (formerly of the RAF and possibly former lover, but having read only the one book, I'm not sure) uncover what really happened to his now dead girlfriend, Gloria. Maggie discovers there's a lot more racism and support for the Nazis in Los Angeles than she expected, which are impacting her investigation. And there was a lot more to Gloria.

It's a good story with a likeable heroine, so I'm sure I'll check out some of the earlier books in the series.

Comments

Popular Posts