No Plan B by Lee Child

 The latest Jack Reacher adventure was a little hard to follow, in my humble opinion. There were a lot of people and plots to keep track of. Reacher is in a town in Colorado and sees a woman being pushed in front of a bus by a guy who then steals her purse. Reacher can't catch him but sees what was inside the purse--which puts a bulls-eye on his back.  He figures out that something fishy is going on in a prison in Mississippi, which relates to what was in the purse. At the same time, a foster kid in California  sneaks away and gets on a bus to Mississippi, but we don't know why. Eventually their paths cross and we figure out what is going on in the prison--and why the kid wanted to go to Mississippi. Of course there's a lot of violence. I remember when Reacher used his wits more than his fists, and I miss those days. Once I figured out what was going on, it was a good story. But this was not my favorite Reacher book. I did love the foster kid, Jed, though.

Comments

Popular Posts