Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Nick and Amy Dunne's marriage has been on the rocks since they both lost their jobs in NYC and had to move to small-town Missouri to care for his ailing parents. On the day of their 5th anniversary, Nick comes home to find the front door open, the living room in a shambles and Amy gone. So begins the fascinating Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. The cops of course suspect Nick of killing her. And though Nick comes off as kind of a jerk, he doesn't really seem guilty of murder. Plus no body has been found. The story is told by alternating between Nick's narration and entries from Amy's diary. I figured out part of the mystery but truly did not see the final twist coming. I stayed up very late last night because I had to see how it ended.

Comments

  1. Hi Julie,
    I hope you are well. I finished this book recently because of Claudia's recommendation and I really liked it. I am reading an interesting book now called The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I check your blog from time to time to see what you have been reading. I just read the Bailey Weggins book thanks to you - I didn't know there was a new one out. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, I did not love Shadow of the Wind. My librarian raved about it so I checked it out. It took me forever to finish. But many people I know did love it, so it must have been me. Carlos has a new book out called A Prisoner of Heaven, which one of my friends was reading and loving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts