Infamy by Robert K Tanenbaum

I thought I had read all the books in the Butch Karp (NY District Attorney)/Marlene (his lawyer wife) series. But I stumbled upon Infamy at the library. And when I started reading Infamy, I realized that I must have missed the book before this too because there were characters that Butch and Marlene were clearly familiar with from a previous adventure that I didn't recognize. Oh well.

The story starts with a secret mission in the middle East, where a bunch of movers and shakers end up dead and a crucial flash drive goes missing. Then the action moves to NYC, where Butch and his team are trying to untangle an international mystery and prosecute several murders related to the international mystery. And it ends with a gripping courtroom drama. A little something for everyone--though there's not as much of Marlene and the kids as usual.

A good summer read.

Comments

Popular Posts