House on Fire by Joseph Finder

This is apparently part of a series (which I didn't realize when I downloaded it) but I enjoyed it without having read the rest of the series. Nick Heller is a security consultant and former vet
who is shocked to find the friend who saved his life in Afghanistan has died of an overdose of what turned out to be a very addictive drug. While at the funeral for the friend, Nick meets Suki, the youngest daughter of the family that owns the company that manufactures the drug. She is a documentary maker and hires Nick to find the report from an old clinical trial that showed how addictive the drug was--which proves that the company has known it for years. So begins a twisty-turny journey for Nick, where he's not sure who to trust--or who is suddenly trying to kill him. It was quite the page-turner. I'll have to see if I can find other books from this series at my library in the e-book section.

Comments

Popular Posts