Blood is the Sky by Steve Hamilton

I've been working my way through this excellent series set in northern Michigan totally out of order, as the books become available at the library. In Blood is the Sky, our hero, ex-cop Alex McKnight, meets his future girlfriend, Canadian cop Natalie. This book is actually a real page turner. It starts when Alex's best friend Vinnie tells Alex that his brother Tom has disappeared after signing on as a guide to a group of hunters in an isolated area in Ontario. Alex and Vinnie try to find Tom and, in the process, end up cold, wet, weaponless and without access to the outside world, with someone trying to kill them. They have to use their wits to survive--and figure out what did indeed happen to the hunting party. I wish I had read this series in order but I'm enjoying it all the same.

Comments

Popular Posts