#1 Suspect (Private series) by Jas Patterson and Maxine Paetro

This "Private" series (about a high-powered private investigation firm) was new to me. But someone gave me this book and yesterday when I was looking for something to read, I remembered that I had it. It was a quick read. I started it last night and finished it over breakfast this morning. And it was a good story.

Jack Morgan, the head of Private, comes home from a business trip and finds his ex-girlfriend Colleen dead in his bed--and himself the only suspect. He knows he didn't do it but all the evidence points to him. So he and his team focus on who would want to frame him.

Another case that the company is working on involves a series of murders of philandering businessmen in hotels. And a final case involves retrieving a stolen van full of drugs for the Mafia. (There's a back story there.)

There's a lot going on but it all moves at a rapid clip and is satisfactorily resolved. Next time I'm in the library I'll seek out one of the earlier books in the series.

Comments

Popular Posts