Endangered by CJ Box

I have read a couple of the books in the Joe Picket series by CJ Box and enjoyed them, even though I'm working my way through the series totally out of order. I received Endangered as a gift recently
and decided to dive into it this weekend.

In this installment, Joe's daughter April is found badly beaten along the side of the road. Joe suspects April's boyfriend (or ex, depending on whom you ask), rodeo rider Dallas. But his mother swears he was too badly injured during his last rodeo to have done it. Soon another suspects pops up.Then Joe's friend Nate gets shot and his girlfriend Liv disappears. After hearing a chance comment during a phone conversation, Joe begins to wonder if all these events might not be related.

Though a tad violent for a beach book, it is an engrossing story. And it makes me want to go back and read some of the earlier books in the series to see what I've missed.

Comments

Popular Posts