The Thirst by Jo Nesbo

I love this series featuring brilliant but flawed Oslo detective Harry Hole, but wasn't crazy about The Thirst. I still like the character of Harry--as well as his family and some of his recurring coworkers. But I had a hard time making it to the end of this book. The crimes are so gruesome and disturbing (I'll spare you the details but there is a lot of blood involved). And there are way too many subplots floating around--about people's mistresses and unrequited lovers and unresolved father issues. It's hard to keep it all straight. And the ending seemed to come out of nowhere.

I hope Jo Nesbo isn't burning out on this series because Harry is a great character. But I also hope the next book is more like some of the earlier stories than The Thirst.

Comments

Popular Posts