Fallout by Sara Paretsky

I love this series but man oh man was this a convoluted plot.

Chicago PI V.I. Warshawsky is hired to find a missing former actress and a film student who were last seen heading off to Kansas to film the story of the actress's life. So most of the story is set in and around Lawrence, Kansas, which turns out to be the site of many nefarious goings-on.  While V.I. is trying to find the missing twosome, she manages to uncover a number of long-buried secrets and rile up a lot of people in power including the cops, the military, and Homeland Security.

I had to read the ending twice to make sure I got how everything fit together. But it was a compelling story. I did miss the usual Chicago setting, so I hope future books are set back in the Windy City.

Comments

Popular Posts