The Confession Club by Elizabeth Berg

The Confession Club is the third in the Arthur Truluv series. I loved the first two books, but was a little more lukewarm about this one. The main character in this story is Iris, who was hired as Lucille's assistant in the second book. She falls in love with a homeless vet with PTSD who ends up in her small town, which seemed a little unlikely--and which seemed like it probably wouldn't end well.

The Confession Club of the title is a group of women  who meet regularly to confess to things they've done or fear or worry about. While I loved the character of Joanie the librarian from the group, I thought those sections were the weakest parts of the book. I was more interested in what was going on with Maddy and Nola, who were back from New York, trying to decide what to do about their future. And I liked the updates on some of the characters who were featured in book two--Tiny & Monica, the family living next door to Iris (the mother battled cancer in the last book)--but those parts were too brief. I wonder if there will be a fourth book in this series.

Comments

Popular Posts