Win by Harlan Coben

 Winston Horne Lockwood III (or "Win") is the narrator of this tome. I haven't read the Myron Bolitar series by this author but Win and Myron appear to be best buds. I have to say I found Win himself to be kind of obnoxious but it was a good story involving a missing Vermeer (that suddenly turns up in the home of a dead man, who himself had been under the radar for decades after an anti-war protest that went badly awry). Then there's the story of Win's murdered uncle and his kidnapped daughter--which also happened decades ago but may be tied in with the dead man with the Vermeer.

Coben always tells a compelling story, so I enjoyed the book from that perspective. But Win himself is kind of a jerk with a shaky moral compass and a sense of entitlement--so I'm not sure I'd want to read more of his adventures.

Comments

Popular Posts