A disappointing book

The Postmistress (by Sarah Blake): A book that sounded like it could have been the next Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society--but wasn't. It had the potential to be so much better than it was. I think a main weakness was that, of the three main female characters, only 2 were fully developed. The doctor's wife is a pivotal character but we never really get to know her story.

Worth reading
The newest Robert Parker "Jesse Stone/Sunny Randall" story, Split Image.
It's sad to think that we are nearing the end of the line on these and the Spenser stories, with the untimely death of the author.

Comments

  1. My kids loved The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, although I haven't read them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hunger Games and Catching Fire are really good! My mom loved them too! Disclaimer: we are both avid YA fiction fans....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll pass these suggestions on to my bookgroup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Guernsey book and it was the only book that my entire book group has liked!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts