Locked In by Marcia Muller

I've long been a fan of Marcia Muller's long-running "Sharon McCone" series. Her female PI heroine is a feisty chick with an interesting cast of supporting characters. Imagine my delight to discover a McCone story that I had missed on my library shelf--though this is not the typical McCone adventure. In Locked In, the story starts with Sharon being shot in the head by an intruder. She spends the rest of the book with locked-in syndrome (similar to the man in the wonderful movie, The Butterfly and the Diving Bell). She can't move or speak but her brain is working fine. Eventually, her husband realizes that she is alert and they come up with a system of communicating through which she helps her detective agency figure out who shot her. I couldn't put it down.

Comments

Popular Posts