The Red Room by Ridley Pearson

Ridley Pearson brings back two of my favorite characters--John Knox and Grace Chu--for another (very convoluted) adventure in The Red Room. The characters were introduced in The Risk Agent, if you're new to this excellent series.

John sells art and works as sort of a freelance agent for private security firm Rutherford Risk to pay for his brother's medical bills. He's often paired with the enigmatic accountant/computer whiz Grace Chu, who yearns to do more fieldwork. John's boss at Rutherford, Dulwich, gives him a vague mission in Istanbul involving a piece of priceless artwork that may or may not be a cover for something else entirely. Dulwich is a little vague on the details. And when John and Grace get to Istanbul, they find all sorts of people after them and they're not really sure why--or who they can trust except each other.

I will say the plot was very complicated and I'm still not sure I exactly get everything that happened. But I love the relationship between John and Grace who, even though they come from such different worlds, always have each other's back. I can't wait to see what their next adventure brings.

Comments

Popular Posts