Tragic by Robert Tanenbaum

When it first started, I loved the Butch Karp/Marlene Ciampi series. But then it kind of veered into the weird
(mole people roaming around the tunnels of New York). So I gave up on it. However, the other day I was in the library looking for something good to read and saw Tragic on the shelf and decided to give Robert Tanenbaum one more try. I'm glad I did. Tragic is more like the earlier books, focusing on one specific court case that DA Butch is trying and Marlene is helping him investigate. The case involves union corruption and the murder of a man trying to fight that corruption. It's pretty clear who was behind the murder but getting the proof--and a conviction--is a whole other story.

My only quibble is the frequent attempts to tie this story into Macbeth, complete with the 3 homeless women who represent the witches in the play. But other than that, it's a good read.

Comments

Popular Posts